Fun times playing in the rain in the plane today. Made it back to the Rock from Miami safely. Yep, fun times.
I think I will go mountain bike tomorrow. I need to run 4 as well…the tough things in life you have to deal with.
Since I did 10 miles last week, I think I will splurge a little and go for a full dozen this week.
Got a whopping 10 miles total in this week. Better than 0 miles I guess.
Raw Sprouted Wheat Berry Bagels
- 1/2 cup dry soft wheat berries (sprouted berries double in volume)
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1 teaspoon pink saltInstructions:
- Soak the wheat berries anywhere from 5 hours to overnight.
- Rinse and sprout the berries for about two days (until the tails are about the same length as the berry), rinsing each morning and evening.
- Once sprouted, combine the berries with agave and pink salt in a food processor or Vitamix blender.
- Give it a whirl until it turns into this magnificent dough-like consistency. It’s incredible, it really does turn into a dough.
- Next, grab handfuls of the dough and shape into mini-bagels.
- Line your bagels on a mesh sheet and dehydrate for 2 hours at 145 degrees (internal temperature never reaches 145, however, it is important to get the berries warm immediately to prevent souring).
- After first two hours, reduce temperature to about 118. Dehydrate until they are crunchy on the outside and doughy on the inside (about 3-4 hours).
- Top with nut butter and jelly of your choice, and enjoy!
Raw Nut Butter
To make your own nut butter, simply put 2 cups of any nut or seed of your choice* into a food processor. Process the nuts/seeds continuously until the oils begin to release. You’ll have to stop to scrape down the sides periodically. It takes some patience, but just keep processing until you reach a smooth, creamy butter consistency. (It might take about 10-15 minutes to achieve the perfect creaminess.) Store in a tightly lidded jar in the refrigerator.
*Activate your nuts by first soaking in water (use this chart to determine how long nuts/seeds need to be soaked) and then dehydrating them back to a dry state to make your butter.
Raw Persimmon Jelly
Scrape out the insides of a couple of super ripe persimmons into a small bowl. Add a squeeze of lemon and a dash of vanilla, and mash everything together with a fork to combine.
Bagel recipe by Marquis Matson of Real Raw Kitchen.
Jelly recipe by Claire Ragozzino of VIDYA.
Going to try these out.
TBM 850 fly over.
That was close:)
Wishing I was the one flying.
They flew about 50ft above the water on several passes. Very cool!